HLOKOMELA MARKET SHOP ASSISTANT VACANCY
Hlokomela is seeking to recruit a creative and innovative individual on a full time basis. The successful
candidate will be trained in sales techniques and marketing strategies. This is an entry level position,
but depending on experience a better position could be negotiated.
• Fluent in English
• Computer literate in Word, Excel & Outlook
• Driver’s license
• Must be able to work in the Hoedspruit area
• Candidates must have own transport options to get to & from work.
• Note, that the shop closes at 18:30 & staff might need to work longer hours for activities like stock take.
• A pleasant, friendly manner with excellent people skills
• The ability to get on well with people of all ages and backgrounds
• A supportive, tactful and approachable manner
• Good listening and questioning skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Self-confidence and the ability to inspire confidence in others
• The capacity to make decisions quickly and change arrangements as required
• The ability to work well under pressure and cope with emergencies
• A flexible approach to work
• Energy, stamina and the enthusiasm to cope with different people’s needs and demands over long, often irregular, working hour
• Health and safety awareness
• Good health and physical fitness are vital to cope with the demands of the job and working hours.
• Experience in retail industry a plus
• Any certification in retail a plus
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent communication skills
• Demonstrates ability to improve customer satisfaction and drive customer loyalty
• Assist in duties of the overall store/market
• Ensures the operations of the store are executed with excellence
• Accountable for the development of associates’ product knowledge which in turn, enables high performance selling
• Influences and inspires associates to unlock individual potential for extraordinary
• Selling and productivity results
• Take part in building customer loyalty through current brand strategies and customer relationship marketing
• Leading change through positivity and a growth mindset
• Executing store opening and closing procedures
• Take part in developing a safe work environment.
• Understanding, demonstrating and enforcing Hlokomela values
If you meet the above requirements please forward a detailed CV with relevant attachments to:
Hoedspruit Training Trust – Hlokomela Project
P.O. Box 1265
email to email@example.com or submit at Hlokomela Market
before the closing date.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION IS 05 JULY 2019